Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What is your favourite word?

I borrowed this from Lone Ranger's blog. I know I'm supposed to tag other bloggers, but I don't know how to do that, so if you want to have a go, help yourselves. Just leave your response in comments.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WORD?

WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE WORD?

WHAT TURNS YOU ON?

WHAT TURNS YOU OFF?

WHAT SOUND DO YOU LOVE?

WHAT SOUND DO YOU HATE?

WHAT PROFESSION, OTHER THAN YOUR OWN, WOULD YOU LIKE TO ATTEMPT?

WHAT PROFESSION WOULD YOU NEVER LIKE TO DO?

IF GOD EXISTS, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR GOD SAY WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE PEARLY GATES?

Here are my answers.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WORD?
I don't really have just one word which I could single out as being a particular favourite. As a writer, all words are exciting to me. Each word has its own energy; it's when that energy is used correctly that it becomes exhilarating.

WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE WORD?
"Buzz" words. They generally have a negative connotation, and a negative energy to match.

WHAT TURNS YOU ON?
Articulate intelligence.

WHAT TURNS YOU OFF?
People spitting in the street.

WHAT SOUND DO YOU LOVE?
The fury of a storm.

WHAT SOUND DO YOU HATE?
I'm not especially fond of "We need to pay this bill."

WHAT PROFESSION, OTHER THAN YOUR OWN, WOULD YOU LIKE TO ATTEMPT?
Computer programming/Web design.

WHAT PROFESSION WOULD YOU NEVER LIKE TO DO?
Car sales.

IF GOD EXISIS, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR GOD SAY WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE PEARLY GATES?
"Tell him I'm not in."

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

To tag others, you just list their blog names, Pete. I don't like finding my name on someone's blog for this purpose, and I don't do it to other people. Well, I might have done it once, but changed my mind after I got it done to me a few too many times! I like your answers, by the way. Might even copy this one and swing it over to Patra's Other Place, which is getting a bit boring lately...well, when you start posting photos of DEAD people on your blog..

Tonto said...

Hey you tagged it from Tonto aka georgina from Lone Ranger's blog.

Liked your answers. thanks for playing along. Nice to stop by to see you.

I don't know how to tag other bloggers either.

Karen Bessey Pease said...

Favorite [sorry, Chief. There's no 'u' in 'favorite'] word (can I have two?):
Dissipate and dappled

Least favorite [sorry, there's no 'u' in 'favorite'] word:
Cool!

Turns me on:
Integrity and a sense of humor

Turns me off:
Cockiness and dishonesty

Sound I love:
My name whispered by someone who loves me. A close second? The sound of thunder as it rents the air and then rolls away through the valley.

Sound I hate:
An alarm clock

Profession I'd like to attempt:
Rescue pilot

Profession I'd never want to attempt:
Anything to do with computers

What I'd like to hear God say:
I'm very, very sorry, Karen.