Saturday, December 31, 2005

I'm melting. I'm melting ...

I think it is safe to say that today is hot. More to the point, it's bloody hot!

The maximum temperature for today was 43° Celsius (109.4° Farenheit). Right now at 7:15pm. believe it or not, it is still 41° Celsius (105.8° Farenheit).

Any fan of the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series would be familiar with the character Odo, who regularly has to return to his natural liquid state in order to rejuvenate. He has a bucket in his office for this purpose. I now know how he feels. This is a pool of grease talking to you, not a corporeal entity.

And I hate greasy foods.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

...and isn't it a wonderful start to the New Year today, Pete - a complete contrast of rain and cool winds. Melbourne is the place to be when you want a change!