Saturday, April 14, 2007

Don't hold back, now. Tell us what you really think.

Beerka Promotional ImageThis is a promotional image for a new bread based snack called Beerka. The line is "Made for beer".

I went to the footy this afternoon. To save spending possibly two hours driving, and trying to find a parking spot, I catch the train in. Getting off at Richmond station, there was a bread van parked outside, and people were giving away cartons and cartons of the stuff. Obviously, from the different colours, there were all kind of flavours available. Naturally, people being what they are, they didn't turn down a free handout, and one of the handlers was employed full time flattening the empty cartons.

Beerka Rubbish
The walk from the station to the MCG is about half a kilometre. There are quite a number of rubbish bins along the way, and all of them looked like this.
My guess is the footy patrons weren't overly impressed.

2 comments:

Pirate said...

I often have wondered how those people feel when they see such disrespect for their efforts.

My weakness is I always put it in my pocket and wait until I have gotten completely out of eye shot and then toss it away.

I hve know idea how often I have found things such as these in my pocket the next day and toss it in my own garbage. At least these folks are being honest.

Crookedpaw said...

There are a couple of buskers who play saxophone at every Carlton game (my guess is they're Blues supporters), and it's a safe bet they weren't going to go away hungry on that day.