Saturday, March 25, 2006

Seven songs.

Pirate over on his Journal has posted the seven songs he plays the most. I can't say as how I have seven specific songs that I play more than any others, mainly because I have a wide range in taste. However, I was able to come up with seven I really like listening to.
  1. The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan - Dr. Hook. You may recognise this song as the one that got a good run in the movie Thelma And Lousie. While Marianne Faithful does a good job with this tune, I reckon Dennis Locorriere does it best. After all, he wrote it for his voice.
  2. Freakin' At The Freaker's Ball - Dr. Hook. Rude, crude, disgusting, shocking and bloody funny. Love it!
  3. Live This Life - Big & Rich. Strong message packed tightly in some high grade lyrics, supported by a top melody.
  4. Hitchcock Railway - Joe Cocker. The tune gets to me with this one. Always crank it up when I hear it on the radio.
  5. Dreamweaver - Stratovarius. Great guitar licks, solid drumming, almost a rock opera, lead singer who leaves Axel Rose in his dust. A dream track for anybody who plays an air instrument.
  6. On Walks The Night - Jesse Cook. An up tempo instrumental from this flamenco guitarist. The whole tune gets to me.
  7. Miss Ghost - Don Henley. From his album Inside Job. Again, some really good music topped with excellent lyrics. A musical metaphysical journey.

Like I said, a wide range of tastes. Necessary, I think, considering my rapacious appetite for music.

2 comments:

Pirate said...

crooked paw I feel so remorsed for excluding the likes of Dr. Hook and the Medicne Show or Joe Cocker.

I'm thinking these lists are just too small to encompass the true musical desires of people.

Crookedpaw said...

For sure. I'd be hard pressed to keep it under 1000, I reckon.